Wednesday, January 26, 2011

first of 2011

My first post for the year, whoohoo! Don't worry, i'm not gonna go all 'happy new yearsy' or 'alas 2010 was a good year' on you. A belated 'happy new year' is like a belated happy birthday - moldy, yuck. That was then, this is now and this is all we have. I've been on tv for almost a year now, on cinema and now radio too ("The Recovery", Sunday nights 8-11pm with myself and MsCosmicDj on www.Rhythm100radio.com, Africa's first urban online station [voice-over-guy voice]); contrary to popular belief: im not chased down by fans all day, im not super rich and i'm not an A-hole. I am however still an actor (amongst other things) and a person. I have willingly exchanged some of the luxuries of not being an actor for all that comes with my profession (constant rejection, loss of privacy, immortality [muhahaha]) but I have not and cannot lose certain things that humans will carry with them all the Days of their Lives (haha, the soapie reference sounded better in my head). Chiefly, a responsibility to contribute positively to society. This takes effort (i feel the pain particularly when I have to get up in the morning, i'm not a morning person at all). This year my effort will be focussed on my acting career, various music and business projects I am working on, my production company and, yes you guessed it, myself (coz being selfish is ok sometimes; the chicken that produces golden eggs must re-energize or lose it all). What i'm trying to say in a nutshell, is that in all you do this year, be it surviving first year of varsity or struggling to provide for your family or dealing with the loss of a loved one, take time out, for yourself, remain you and strive for what you believe in. i'll stop rambling now; as you were (",) and for the first time in 2010… tell a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment