Wednesday, April 25, 2012

2012 aka 20-self

I feel a bit like that lazy minister whom everyone hates coz he doesn't do his job but receives a salary for it, but just as ominously as I appeared and disappeared, I R BACK Bloggers! 2012 rundown so far: new agent, new vision and, what yall like to hear about most, my new jobs…well there's only been 1 thus far but its been the best job i've ever done, hands down. I got the opportunity to feature in Bobby and Peter Heaney's Sabc 2 production: Erfsondes (yup, this is the point where most people say "huh" and make the silly faces at me and the onus is on me to explain what Erfsondes is…i've been one of those people). . .look it up for yourselves ERF I got to play a character named Charlie Maxwell and I played a Scotland Yard investigator here to help the SAPS catch a serial killer…toooooooo FUN. I got to carry a gun and even shoot a real one (eat your inner child's hearts out men) but it also got mad real as we often shot at like the Sophiatown police station, where there were holding cells and real criminals….scary but we had to keep it real. My new agent's been nothing short of amazing and that together with my role on Erfsondes has reignited the flame within me for all things creative. I'm writing again, making music again and most importantly, pushing my career again. It's tough, believe you me, as our parents used to say, being a creative worker is difficult, one can only take so much rejection and debit orders bouncing back…..but you know what "they" say isn't a cliche, anything worthwhile is difficult, or something like that. Bumped into a couple of successful creative family members as well in the form of Mamello Mokoena aka Mum-Z of Comedy on Long fame , while he was shooting on an upcoming sitcom up here in Jozi. Also his brother Fana Mokoena, needs no introduction, has been doing huge things, watch the spaces around you……. …whew that was exhausting, haven't done this in a minute, but i will be updating y'all more often, in the meantime, keep well and, tell a friend………

No comments:

Post a Comment